Day 159

FEBRUARY 5, 2020

CRUISING TASMAN SEA

Just another sea day - nothing much to report, really.

Oh, I just thought of something. When I entered the sauna today I checked the temperature - it was 76C, that's 156F. Yet, for some reason it didn't feel quite as hot as it usually does. I checked the hydrometer - it read 51%. Adding water onto the heater immediately raised the feeling of heat on my skin. As long as I kept adding water it felt good and toasty.Interestingly, the temperature never increased. And, when I left the sauna 20 minutes later, the hydrometer reading had risen to 55%. 

So, my experience seems to demonstrate that at a constant temperature one feels more heat as humidity rises. This might explain why Palm Springs's relatively dry dessert environment doesn't feel quite as hot at high temperatures as, say, Los Angeles.

The sea has calmed somewhat. There are still whitecaps, but less swell than yesterday.

Time to watch Downton Abbey, the movie. Ciao!


Somehow Jesse Cook's "Tempest" seems perfectly suited to the Tasman Sea today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khH99v4wzaQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 165

Day 40

Day 176